Friday 12 September 2014

Animquad: Online Animation School

I've signed up to an online animation course to work on along side my degree course. The reason I've done this is that I don't feel like I can get the most out of my animation by working on it alone. And though the lecturers on my course are all very experienced and talented none of them are feature film animators and as that is my goal I felt that I needed some extra help to achieve that standard of animation.

The online school that I chose is Animsquad. Animsquad is run by working Disney animators and supervisors and the reason I went for this one is the Disney link. I've grown up with Disney and it's always been my inspiration for animation and my dream is to one day work there myself so to work with and learn from their animators will be a fantastic experience.

A few months ago I bought this animation masterclass from Animsquad which is a live recording of Zach Parrish (head of animation for Big Hero 6) and Brent Homman (animation supervisor) animating a scene from scratch.


Animsquad Masterclass from Animsquad on Vimeo.

I still haven't even finished the 17 hours worth of footage but I've already learned so much about their process and I can't wait to put it into practice and learn even more from the tutors on the course.

The workshop I took is the intermediate which focuses on pantomime acting and it runs from November to January. We get the rigs and lectures some time in October so I can't wait to get stuck into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment