Monday 8 September 2014

Ani Ref

For a while I've been looking for a good app for animation video reference. I've been using a free app called My Coach which is for sports training. The reason I've been using that particular app is that it has a frame by frame scroll feature which is perfect for studying the movement and selecting keys and so far it's been really handy.

But Paolo Cogliati a character animator from Laika has just released Ani Ref on the App Store. Like My Coach it scrolls frame by frame but it also has a tracker features for arcs and spacing. This looks very handy indeed and I'm sure it's going to come in very handy for a quick reference, not just for me but for students and professionals all throughout the industry. It is obviously something that Paolo felt was missing from his workflow and I always think that anything that not only speeds up also but helps my animation can only be a good thing.

Here's a link to a demonstration of the app: Ani Ref: By Paolo Cogliati


No comments:

Post a Comment